Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Drama

Well unfortunately my choice for President, John McCain did not win, I am a little scared about what the future holds! I am very excited that Prop 8 in California passed. It was a proposition to the state constitution to keep marriage between a man and woman. Several members of my family worked very hard to be sure it passed. It was sad to see the way the church came under attack out there though by the opponents to the proposition.
Anyway enough of that - On election day the kids came with us to go vote, Ben was very excited because they were learning about the election and voting at school. By the way in their little election at school John McCain won! Today after school Ben came home and told me they were having an election in his class to pick a president and he gave a speech here is what he told me he said:
I would be a good President because I would be nice to everyone
and help everyone. If someone was down I would help them up,
that is why I would be good.
How cute is that! I didn't even now they were doing this, so he says he hopes he wins.

1 comment:

Maegan said...

I hope Ben wins, what a sweet speech. I would love to have been teaching during an election year.