Monday, September 21, 2009

Aunt Kimberly's Birthday

My mom and sister Kimberly and brother Adam came to visit and were here over Kim's birthday, so of course we had to throw a party. Aliza was very excited about it and wanted to be involved in the planning. So she ok'd the purse cake grandma had in mind. Now the cake is not our best work, but we were dealing with circumstances out of our control - the rain and humidity. It rained everyday they were here, non stop so it was very moist and our fondant would not set up! The decorations were literally slipping right off the cake as soon as we put them on. So while it was not as pretty as we hoped, it still tasted fabulous! We had mexican food catered in that night (kim's favorite), played some guitar hero, sang, ate cake and of course had a pinata! We had a great time! We miss not being able to celebrate birthdays with our extended family so we were happy to have this chance!
While they were here Adam kept wanting to go swimming even though it was raining and the water was cold! He got Ben and Aliza in there with him one day. I wish I had gotten the carmera out for that, but the best was his goal to take a midnight swim, of course no one went with him for that!

Isn't is kind of freaky how she is staring at the camera like that!

Watch out 29 candles!

Adam busted open the pinata before the Birthday Girl even had a turn!

1 comment:

P's in a pod said...

Wow! what an event...I guess if they are few and far between then why not....Sounds fun...and I forgot about Adam....I keep thinking Jeremiah and jared were the last ones.