Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cakes, Cakes, and more Cakes!

I have also been very busy making cakes! This is a hobby that I am really beginning to enjoy and get better at! Let me know if you need a cake, I will be happy to make it for you. My mom has done cakes for years so doing them myself has always been a little intimidating because I see all my flaws and compare it to my mom's cakes who has years of practice! Oh well it just makes me better in the end! The frog cake was for Lilly's d-day, one layer was chocolate with peanut butter filling and the other was yellow cake with chocolate mousse. The black and pink cake I made for my bosses b-day, it was white with strawberry filling. The T-Rex cake was my first cake I made for someone else - very exciting! It was chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling. That one was particularly challening because it had to be sculpted, Don helped me and I was so happy with how it turned out! The apple cupcakes were for the teachers on the last day of school, not my best work but they were rushed. The teachers liked them and thats the important thing right!


1 comment:

Harrington said...

Wow Sharla! Your cakes are amazing. I heard your moving. How sad. But closer to family is nice. You are quite talented.