Thursday, July 15, 2010

New York City

Don and I were able to take a vacation in June to New York City without the kids!  It was so fun, I had always wanted to go to NYC and it did not disappoint!  We crammed so much into the 3 1/2 days we were there.  We went to a Yankees game, they were coming in on a 13 game winning streak - but of course lost the night we were there!  We saw Momma Mia on Broadway - we wanted to see Wicked but it was sold out for 3 weeks.  We took the boat out to Liberty and Ellis Island, walked around Times Square, went to Rockefeller Center and the Top of the Rock, went to China town and Little Italy, went to the Temple in Manhattan and of course rode the subway.  My only complaint is how expensive everything is there but I would love to go back and see it again.  Maybe when Andrew is finished with his mission I'll convince my mom to go out there and pick him up and of course I'll have to go as her tour guide ;)

Picture spot inside the gigantic toys r us in times square - what a HAM!

We were freezing during the baseball game the temp was in the 60's!

Lady Liberty

LDS Temple

Times Square

This was Dylans Candy Bar - it was amazing so much candy!  The steps were all filled with various types of candy it was really kind of cool.

View of Central Park from the Top of the Rock

No comments: