Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cutest Quilt Ever!!!!

Trying to find any bedding with Mario on it is utterly impossible! The only thing I was able to find was a pattern for a patchwork quilt, so I thought to myself, hey you have never made a quilt but really how hard can it be? So I printed it out. Well Luckily for me, Crystal was here visiting. Now I knew she could sew really well but what I didn't know was that she had been taking a few quilting classes back in Pennsylvania. Needles to say it was a good thing she was here to help me. It really wasn't that difficult once she showed me a few pointers like how to measure stuff properly, and she made me iron ALL the seams. The quilt turned out so good, and really it was our own creation, we used the pattern as a guide but changed a lot of things about it. It was a really fun project and Ben loved it!

Here we are just getting started, we had to cut out tons of these squares to piece together

All the sqares laid out to make Mario

Making progress
We both did alot of sewing

Behold, the finished project!

2 comments:

Summer said...

WOW! THat is a very cute quilt! You guys out did yourselves! So, when are you going to teach me to quilt??

becky said...

That turned out amazing!! And the room is REALLY cute! What a fun idea!!