Our new meetinghouse for church was recently finished and they held the dedication for the building a few weeks ago. I took Ben and Aliza with me to the dedication. I had never been to a building dedication before. It was a very quick service with the dedicatory prayer being offered by our Stake President, President Hadley. Don had told the kids before we left that there would probably be Angels there as he was trying to tell them about the sacredness of the dedication. Of course the kids kept asking me if there were angels there the whole time, but during the closing song, The Spirit of God, I felt the Spirit so strong in that building that I knew there were angels there with us singing and that the Lord was happy with this building. It is a very beautiful building and we are looking forward to meeting there. The ward we have been currently attending the Highland Station Ward will be split tommorrow. It is bittersweet, that is were we started after moving here to Texas, but the ward has grown so much that the stake has decided to split the ward and that is exciting because everything will be new again.







1 comment:
Your new building is beautiful! I bet you are enjoying meeting there every week? I want to know if their mothers room is bigger? I know what you mean about the angels, I've been in temple dedications and The Spirit of God always sounds so much louder than it should. It's such a neat feeling.
Post a Comment