Friday, January 29, 2010

Ben's Baptism

Benjamin was baptized on January 2,2010 at the Hurst Stake Center. There were a total of 5 kids getting baptized that day including one other girl from our ward. Ben was very excited about getting baptized and he said when he came out of the water he felt clean because the water was so hot that it melted his sins away. We were lucky to have so many family members come out for his baptism. He was baptized and confirmed by Don. Uncle Andrew was able to stand in on the confirmation having just been ordained an Elder and getting his mission call. After the baptism we all went out to lunch at Chilis. Poor Lilly was very sick that day with a fever of 104! But she hung in there. Ben we are so proud of you and the choice you made to be baptized. We love you.
Funny story, Ben really liked his interview with the Bishop and asked the next day when he could meet with him again because they had a really good talk. Well later that week Aliza was talking about how Don would baptize Ben. Ben pipes up and says well it's between dad and the Bishop I haven't decided which one yet. I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Aliza of course said no dad will baptize you, but Ben was adamant and said no it's my choice and I haven't decided yet. That is when I spoke up and let him know that his father would be baptizing his first and thus far only son! It was funny.

Uncle Adam, grandma Fletcher, aunt Jennifer, mom, Lilly, dad, uncle Andrew, grandma Wilde, grandpa Wilde, Aliza, and Ben

1 comment:

Robyn said...

oh man, TEd and I were DYING when we read that about Ben's big indecision. Why haven't you told me about this? I haven't had time to read blogs lately. Oh boy. crack up!! and just wondering about your phrasing "first and thus far only son" -- so you're family isn't through growing yet...I never ask anyone, and i'm not asking you :) i'm just commenting on your comment. see you soon--