Wednesday, January 13, 2010

December in Review

Oh my where to begin! I am so far behind. December was a busy month packed with many fun activities. It began with a Kindergarten field trip to Casa Manana. We went to go see the play Santa Claus is Coming to town. It was very cute and all the kids loved it.

Aliza and Mrs. Henry

We went to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags. It a cold day so we had to stay all bundled up but we had tons of fun. They had lots of fun things set up for the season including a snow hill to sled down, Santa Land where you could meet Santa, and campfires set up all over the park to keep you warm. In fact the kids held out until 8 o'clock! And Ben wanted to stay even longer. We ended up getting season passes for christmas so Don was able to take Ben and Aliza again over christmas break!
We had our annual Christmas party with friends which is always so much fun. And of course Santa and Mrs. Claus dropped by as well. I love seeing the look on the children's faces when they open the door and see Santa there! Lilly was not at all afraid of Santa this year, in fact any time we saw an older man at the store who had a beard she was yelling out Santa!

Santa was having a hard time holding on to all 3!

Ben had his Birthday celebrated quite a bit this year. He had his birthday party with friends at the skating rink. He told me I could make what ever kind of cake I wanted so I went with a Christmas theme. I turned out cute, maybe a little girly, but he liked it anyway and thought it was so cool because it was a 2 tier cake. We also sang to him on his actual birthday, and again on New Year's Eve when all of our family was here, he was celebrated ALOT!
Ben had a hard time blowing out the candles this year - it was pretty funny.


And if you can beleive it we had a white Christmas here in Texas! It was so beautiful, in fact it snowed here 3 times in the month of December. But on Christmas eve we had a Texas blizzard come through and we ended up with almost 2 inches of snow! The kids loved it of course, Lilly loved it the most, she constantly wanted to go out in play in it, one time she even went out without shoes, silly girl


Front of the house on Christmas morning

More posts and pictures to come!!

1 comment:

Crystal, Troy, and Landon said...

It was fun to see the update. Can't wait to see pictures of Christmas morning. Ben's cake was amazing. Can you make my cake? I keep trying to upadate my blog but everytime I sit down I watch tv instead.