
Oh sure they may look cute, but on Sunday's they turn into monsters! We don't have church until 1:30, I know some of you are saying that's great you get to sleep in. If you are saying that you probably don't have young kids! So the day begins at 7:15 with everyone waking up and the drama begins immediately. How many times do I really have to explain to my son that we don't play video games on Sunday? Or that going out and riding bikes is also not a Sunday activity. We make it thru the morning and start getting ready for church. Aliza comes out with her fancy dress and pink cowboy boots on announcing she is ready to go. Of course she is not at all happy when I send her back to her room for new sh
oes, and we won't even get started on getting her hair done! We leave for church at 1:00 - just about the time Lilly should be going down for her nap. Ah sacrament meeting starts, the kids have their Sunday bags and activities, they should be content right? WRONG! I am sure this comes as no to surprise to anyone with children, but I swear I think we are the loudest pew in the chapel! Inevitably I or Don spend sacrament meeting in the foyer. Finally primary rolls around and we can send them off to class, this used to be a time to enjoy our classes, but alas Lilly is at that age where all she does is wiggle so we spend the remainder of church in the foyer as well. Then it's time to head home, everyone is hungry so I usually have a crock pot dinner ready to go - of course the kids don't like what ever it is so of course the fighting continues. The one good thing about late church is by the time we eat dinner and have a quick
family home evening it is time for bed yahoo! I really love my kids even if Sunday is our worst day, they always make me laugh and brighten my day!
oes, and we won't even get started on getting her hair done! We leave for church at 1:00 - just about the time Lilly should be going down for her nap. Ah sacrament meeting starts, the kids have their Sunday bags and activities, they should be content right? WRONG! I am sure this comes as no to surprise to anyone with children, but I swear I think we are the loudest pew in the chapel! Inevitably I or Don spend sacrament meeting in the foyer. Finally primary rolls around and we can send them off to class, this used to be a time to enjoy our classes, but alas Lilly is at that age where all she does is wiggle so we spend the remainder of church in the foyer as well. Then it's time to head home, everyone is hungry so I usually have a crock pot dinner ready to go - of course the kids don't like what ever it is so of course the fighting continues. The one good thing about late church is by the time we eat dinner and have a quick
family home evening it is time for bed yahoo! I really love my kids even if Sunday is our worst day, they always make me laugh and brighten my day!





No comments:
Post a Comment