Friday, May 9, 2008

Time for glasses

On monday Aliza had an appointment with the eye doctor where we learned she had some problems with her vision and that she would now need to wear glasses!

I had mixed emotions that day, I felt bad as a mom for not knowing that there was a problem for so long, the dr told be to her everything probably looks blurry. Then I was glad that we found out there was a problem while she was young and not yet in school, where it may have caused some learning problems, and then I remember how I felt as a kid having to wear glasses - I hated it. As all of my family can attest to too. So I think how am I going to make this poor girl wear these glasses. Although once we went and looked at frames I realized the glasses they have now are soooooo much cuter than what I had! She picked out the ones she wanted which are pink and purple (of course) with the Barbie design logo on the side. So then last night the lady from the optometrist called and said Aliza's glasses were ready. We had been hyping her up about them all week so she was excited to get them. She looks precious in them (precious is something people here in Texas say all the time). So whenever you see Alilza tell her how cute she is with her new glasses!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

And she does look SOOO cute! Can't wait to see her in person.
Cutie pattootie!

nancy wilde said...

Aliza, I like your new glasses! I hear that you like them too.

Ben, It was fun to see you playing ball! If we were closer, Grandpa and I would come to watch all your games.

Lilly, you have gotten so big! I bet you are a big help to mommy!

Love, Grandma Wilde