
A few weeks ago the circus came to town, and we have had a tradition of going (since moving to Texas) every year. This year we decided that I would take the kids alone and Don would stay home with Lilly. The show didn't start until 7:30 and Lilly would be a mess if she was up that late. Anyway, the kids and I had a great time watching the performers. Bello the clown was hilarious and really made the show. While we were waiting in line for tickets some lady had some extra coupons so our tickets were only $7, not bad! None of my pictures of the performers turned out though because it was so dark in the convention center, but the pictures of the kids turned out very cute!
Now that was the happy story, now for the real story! Anyone who knows me knows I have horrible luck, anytime I go out to dinner I can almost guarantee that I will have the worst waiter/service imaginable, and that is only the beginning! So we get to the Convention Center at 6:15, I drive around Fort Worth looking for a place to park that didn't cost $20, I finally find a good parking garage and we start walking to the convention center. As we get there I find out the only ticket windows that are open are on the complete opposite side of the building, no problem, we continue walking over there and then we see the lines! The ticket lines go out into the street they are so long, and out of the 10 box office windows they only have 4 open. We get in line and proceed to wait and wait and wait. After being in line for 30 min, we are not only sweating to death in the heat, the sun beating down on us, and no breeze to speak of, Aliza tells me she has to go to the bathroom. Now she has been saying this for the last 10 min but now she is really starting to squirm. Of course she doesn't have to go potty either, and she had been having a little stomach bug so you can imagine she could not hold on much longer. We were only half way through the line at this point, so I turned to the girl behind me and explained the situation and asked her if she would hold our spot in line, of course she agreed and we went off to find the bathroom. I walk in to the convention center and one of the workers (a male) tells me the only bathrooms are in the inner circle and that he won't let me in without a ticket. Aliza is in tears as I try to explain to this man that she can't wait that long and that we have been in line for over 30 min. He doesn't care and won't let us in, I was so mad I told Aliza to just go on the floor so he could clean it up, of course she did not like that idea. I go back outside a little more then ticked off and let everyone outside know that the idiot at the door won't let this little girl use the bathroom!
30 min later we finally get our tickets and get in, Aliza is so excited now because the circus has already started that she doesn't have to go to the bathroom anymore. I had promised the kids a treat, so we go to buy some cotton candy it is $12. I give the guy my debit card, but oh no they only take cash at the circus! Luckily for me I had $13 in my wallet, because the line for the 1 ATM in the building was out the door! Anyway it was such a fiasco, this had never happened any other time we have gone. But that's my luck I guess. The kids had fun and that is what matters.





1 comment:
Maybe since the kids had such a good time they won't remember all of the hassle! And what a mean man, don't know if he had kids or not, but you think there would have been something that he could have done!
Post a Comment