I love the month of October, the weather finally cools down, the leaves start to change and to me it signals the start of the holiday season. This year I am glad to see October go! This was the month of injuries and sickness in our house. Aliza started us off on October 1st with H1N1 (swine flu). She was down for a week, just when I thought we would all escape Lilly came sown with the flu. Just as Lilly was starting to get better, Aliza came home from school complaining of her thumb hurting. As soon as I looked at it I knew it was broken, it was so swollen and black and blue up her hand. So off we went to urgent care where sure enough she had a buckle fracture right where the thumb meets her hand (left side). We had to have it casted a few days later, she has to be in the cast for 4 weeks! I guess she had fallen down at the end of PE which is at the end of the day. She told the PE teacher it hurt and the pe teacher just told her to tell her regular teacher Mrs. Henry. Mrs Henry looked at it and told her to have her mom put ice on it when she got home and put her on the bus! I was livid at first, how could they not send her to the nurse or even call me. Well the next day when she showed up with a splint on her finger and Ben told everyone that she had broken her thumb the teachers felt horrible! They both called and apologized for not calling me that day they thought she was fine which is understandable kids fall down all the time and are fine. But it was nice of them to call.
Aliza with her cast, obviously it doesn't slow her down!
A few days later Ben was playing at a friends house and some how he ended up face down on the floor complaining of his nose. The next day, yep his nose was all swollen and bruised!
Not a good picture but you can see it's swollen
Then not to be out done a few days later, Lilly pulled her whole dresser down on top of her!! That was scary, luckily she only ended up with a bruise and cut across the bridge of her nose. I though CPS was going to show up at my door!

Everyone is healed up now, and Aliza gets her cast off in 4 days, hopefully no more trips to the Dr. any time soon!





No comments:
Post a Comment